“You are not going out with that boy unless his parents are driving and that's that. I'm not just Spitting Grits here, young lady!”

. . . My father, John Thomas Cravey, USAF, to me in 1956.
Bookmark and Share

Alaska, the Inside Passage, Reunion, and Grits

Special Notes

I am leaving for Alaska via the Inside Passage today, and will try to blog along the way. Why I’m going is discussed in the previous post.

Meanwhile, last year I discovered a wonderful place in Alabama to buy stone ground grits, and I posted a blog about McEwen & Sons Coosa Valley Milling and Hardware Co. In May, they had a fire which destroyed the store part of the operation, but I was relieved to get an e-mail from the owner, Frank McEwen, saying that the mill is in operation and taking orders for grits, polenta, and their other second-to-none products. Go to www.mcewenandsons.com to order.

I have also in past posts suggested that a good way to celebrate July 4th is to serve grits. Why?

Find out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Spittin' Grits. Copyright © 2009 Joanna C. Hutt. All rights reserved. | Contact